PeopleFirst is an unprecedented collaboration of business, government, academic and civic leaders dedicated to strengthening Memphis and Shelby County's cradle-to-career pipeline.
Spearheaded by a nonprofit, 501c3 organization called the PeopleFirst Partnership, the PeopleFirst agenda is a portfolio of initiatives anchored by four goals, ten strategies and key performance metrics.
Goal A: Children enter kindergarten 'ready to learn'
- Strategy One: Early Parenting Support.
- Strategy Two: High-Quality Early Learning.
Goal B: Students graduate high school 'college and career ready'
- Strategy Three: Effective Teachers and Leaders.
- Strategy Four: Instructional Reform and Higher Standards.
- Strategy Five: High Priority Schools Turnaround.
- Strategy Six: Third Grade Literacy Proficiency.
- Strategy Seven: Student Attendance.
- Strategy Eight: Post-Secondary Preparation and Access, and Career Readiness
Goal C: Adults earn degrees and certifications that prepare for local careers
Goal D. Talent is attracted to and retained in Shelby County
- Strategy Nine: Post-Secondary Access, Completion and Industry-Driven Workforce Development.
- Strategy Ten: Talent Engagement and Recruitment.
The Partnership advances its portfolio in five ways:
- Accelerate: Secure resources to expand what’s
- Initiate: Launch new solutions where there are
- Advocate: Drive policy change and investment.
- Collaborate: Build alignment and coordinate
resources around vision, strategies, policies.
- Educate: Foster awareness and greater
learning around “cradle to career” key issues.
Click HERE for our position paper in response to the Vanderbilt TN PreK study
Click HERE for our latest Annual Report and Scorecard
Click HERE for our 2015 Action Agenda
Learn more HERE about our new operating partner, Seeding Success
Visit PeopleFirst on Facebook!
For more information, contact PeopleFirst Partnership Executive Director, Barbara Prescott, at (901) 507-4182 or email@example.com.